How do I replace the compartment Air filter? How often?
Use the procedure listed below to replace the passenger compartment air filter:
PDF of instructions from service manual
These instructions are from the Manual
1. Turn the ignition to ON with the engine off.
2. Turn on the windshield wipers and turn them off
again when the wipers are in the out-wipe position.
The wipers will be straight up and down on the
This will allow you access to the leaf screen under
which is located the passenger compartment
3. Open the hood to access the engine compartment.
See Hood Release on page 5-11 for more
4. Remove the four screws that hold the leaf screen in
place and lift off the screen by lifting and sliding
toward the center of the vehicle.
5. Pull out on the two tabs located on each end of the
6. Lift the filter cover off by pulling it straight upward.
7. Remove the old filter and insert a new one.
Make sure the arrow on the filter is pointing toward
the passenger compartment.
See Normal Maintenance Replacement Parts on
page 6-15 for the correct part number for the filter.
8. Reverse Steps 1 through 6 to reinstall the cover.
Depends on how dusty of an environement you live in, but the manual specifies every other time you change your oil (based on the engine oil filter monitor). Those of you who change the oil more often, I estimate it to be about every 1.5 to 2 years.
This site is not affiliated with General Motors or Cadillac. All trademarks are property of their respective owners.
All pages copyright www.cadillacfaq.com.
Donate to keep this site live and ad free Here
List Style FAQ---
For questions or comments email firstname.lastname@example.org